The Elizabeth House is a residential maternity and parenting program that supports pregnant, single women. We provide a safe and secure environment for mothers to become emotionally healthy and self-sufficient. Most residents stay at The Elizabeth House for six to 12 months.
Residents build life skills that will help them to secure employment and housing, manage money and foster sound decision making. During each woman’s stay, she also learns effective parenting skills or makes an adoption plan.
The Elizabeth House is not an emergency shelter. We provide a program for women who wish to make changes in their lives. Each woman has her own bedroom to share with her baby once he or she is born.
Our goal is to equip moms to rebuild and restore their lives through Biblical principles, education and job placement. Women of all faiths or no faith are welcome.
- 18+ years of age.
- Committed to stay six to twelve months.
- No active AODA issues or have been clean for at least six months with continued counseling. Random drug tests are done.
- No significant criminal history. Background checks are done during application process.
- We are not staffed to work with persons with significant mental health diagnoses or active AODA concerns.
In order for a young woman to reside at The Elizabeth House she must agree to meet our core program requirements which include:
- Attend nightly family meals Monday - Thursday nights unless this conflicts with work or school
- Complete daily and weekly chores
- Meet with case manager weekly
- Attend mandatory classes (Best Beginnings, Childbirth Education, Boundaries, nutrition and finance, other)
- Complete and return weekly paperwork
- Pursue a high school diploma or GED unless completed
- Work or volunteer